Fellowship Hall
  • Page:

TOPIC: One in Christ - Sharing the Same Love

One in Christ - Sharing the Same Love 1 year, 7 months ago #3216

• Lael_N
  • Administrator
  • Family, medicine, travel
23 Jun 2011
Philippians 2:2-4 - Sharing the same love.

1) “I urge you, then, to make me completely happy by having the same thoughts, sharing the same love, and being one in soul and mind,” Paul said.

What a difficult order! But we need to start there. It is for our own good, for our happiness' sake that we must follow this order.

If we want to build something long-lasting for the glory of God, we should not be divided at all. For “any town or family that divides itself into groups which fight each other will fall apart” (Matthew 12. 25).

We need to think the same way: that it is ‘not I, but God’. If we do, then the glory of God will shine through us. God's glory will restore peace in families & bring joy and happiness everywhere. Saying that His glory will shine "through us" means that we receive it first.

The focus here is on thoughts, love, soul and mind.
Being one is the will of God--the prayer of the Lord for us (John 17. 21).

2) “Don’t do anything from selfish ambition or from a cheap desire to boast, but be humble toward one another, always considering others better than yourself,” Paul continues.

Remembering that we are dead with Christ on the cross, it is therefore easier to consider God--nothing else but God. So, our selfish ambition is put to death on the cross and we receive, in exchange, the glory of humility.

Being the most blessed people because we obey God in this way, we are able to consider it a privilege to honor others first because our honor comes from God Himself. Because we consider that we can’t do it ourselves, God will do it for us. Not our will, but God's will be done.

3) “And look out for one another’s interest, not just for your own”.

What a blessing it would be if we all just cared for each other, if we took care of each other!

When my interest is that you be happy and pleased and blessed, and I do my part to ensure that you are all of those things (be it in prayer or in word/deed), then God will reward me with more blessings than I would ever think. The price to pay is there, laying on love.

We need to start at the beginning: by forgiving each other. No love could stand without forgiveness.

I can't consider your interest if I don’t love you.
I can’t love you if I don’t forgive you.
I can, however, give you what I receive from God: love with forgiveness and grace.

Then we will be able to say after all ‘not I but God’.

Amen.

- Ps. Jules (mythirst)

11 Feb 2018 - UPDATE
Philippians 2: 2-4 - One in Christ

We Christians--followers of Jesus Christ, a people called by God, children of the Most High--are called to be one body in Christ. Our bodies are His temple and each member of the church, each individual Christian, constitutes a part of the body that should be united under God.

"Do you not know that you yourselves are God's temple, and that God's Spirit dwells in you?" 1 Corinthians 3:16

"The body is a unit, though it is comprised of many parts. And although its parts are many, they all form one body. So it is with Christ. For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free, and we were all given one Spirit to drink." 1 Corinthians 12:12-13

"God has arranged the members of the body, every one of them, according to His design... there are many parts, but one body" 1 Corinthians 12:18,20

"Now you are the body of Christ, and each of you is a member of it." 1 Corinthians 12:27

Let us love each other.
Let us pray for one another.
Let us support each other.

Together, united as one under God, we are undefeated!

- Lael Nethania (Lael_N)
Above all else, do God's work and follow His commands.

May blessings and peace be yours,
In the name of Jesus

- Laël Nethania
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Lael_N.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mythirst
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds
>